Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lost students ?

For teachers who have lost students:

•  Budget yourself to teach less students
•  Teach A different  instrument on a beginner level
•  Don't lower prices
•  Offer deals
•  Approach former students -- offer them a deal to start with
•  What is the reason the student(s) has quit? Is there anything you can do about it?

Copy of New Years email I just sent  to local teachers:

Hi & Happy New Year !! I have a couple of openings for violin and viola students 
in my studio. I'm offering a free 30 minute lesson or one free chamber music 
class so they can come and see my studio and how I teach. If its easier for you 
to give me names and emails, I can contact them myself. Plus, I'd like to offer 
my services for free to your school program. I'm happy to come to your school at 
any time. 

JUST be careful NOT to use the word FREE in your subject line -- it'll go 
directly to spam !!

1 comment: